- Grow up – You probably can’t be a great teacher if you’re too young. Yes, you may be a hot shot in the dojo, but just because you can do a backspin kick does not mean you can teach it.
- Train hard – It takes thousands of hours of focused work to achieve mastery. You must be able to perform the foundation skills before you can teach them.
- Continue your education – Some people learn to teach early in life. That’s probably not you. Go find someone to teach you how to teach.
- Practice teaching – You must spend time in front of the class and with individuals to hone your skills. Keep working at it and continually seek others to help you.
- Humility – Once you think you have completed all the above steps, start over and do them again.
Five steps to become a great martial arts teacher
Comments are closed.